When performing our aim is to bring together pleasure and accessibility ie music for all.
The aim of the Free Musical Busking Workshops
is to provide the young people (under 18yo) with performance practice
so they gain the confidence to play with this group or on their own in live performing opportunities around town or in the region.
Through attending the workshops the young person not only develops confidence to perform music in public, but also learns their responsibilities as a busker, learns what to pack, learns what is important to them, what they like and dislike, and how to manage the area, and the audience... whilst enjoying sharing their music
Interested? Read on...
There are two types of events: a monthly practice and all other events listed under the Busking Calendar
Details applicable to all busking workshops:
- Days and Times: Running on the 1st Friday of each month from 4pm to 5pm.
- Venue: River Park, playground area outside the swimming pool, Cowra NSW 2794.
- Special Conditions: Weather permitting.
- Play Time: On the day, young people will perform in order of arrival 3 or 4 songs they are expected to have prepared for, and may perform more than once depending on time availability.
>> confirm Attendance
by the evening prior and specify any required equipment such as keyboard.
Your responsibility as a player:
- Bring your musical instrument and music (if needed), appropriate clothing, water and food, and a will to learn and share.
- Give yourself enough time to setup and start on time.
- Use the supplied equipment respectfully eg microphone, amplifier, music stand, keyboard.
- Respect the other workshop participants.
- Ensure the required equipment is available.
>> book Equipment
- Manage the event according to the approved processes.
- Organise the legal use of the public space.
- Keep the Working With Children Check current.
- Provide the resources to advertise the workshops and to support the player such as microphone, amplifier, music stand, keyboard (on request).
- Ensure the player whilst playing is safe.
- Facilitate the learning of each player seeking feedback.
NOT our responsibility:
- the well-being of players registered for the workshop but awaiting playing is not our responsibility.
It is expected that the well-being of players awaiting playing falls under the responsibility
of their parent or accompanying adult.
- As per our May newsletter and based on the weather forecast at the time, the practice at River Park to be held on May 6 2022 is cancelled.
Join our mailing list to get the latest news and events and to be notified of practice cancellation when it applies.
>> join the Busking Mailing list
- (as at February 19) The management of the Cowra Community Markets is considering insurance requirements for small groups wanting to play by themselves.
- FREE MUSICAL BUSKING WORKSHOP at the next Cowra Community Market: 21 May 2022
Address: Sid Kallas oval, Young Rd, Cowra NSW 2794.
Busking location: likely to be near the entrance on the road side. Come a little earlier to make sure you find it!
Registration is open.
Registration of your child implies that you and your child have read, agreed and will comply with your responsibilities - listed on this page.
- To register, each player has to:
- identify a 15mns timeslot from the list of available timeslots below.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pascale on: 0458 698 460 with the timeslot/s (it may help to specify a few in case it is no longer available), full name of the young player, instrument, contact phone number, and whether you will need the 49 keys keyboard.
- await registration confirmation. Until your child's name and instrument are displayed as initials on the below timetable, the registration is not complete.
- 15mns timeslots currently available are shown in green.Completed registrations show the initials of the player followed by the instrument (eg g: guitar, k: keyboard, vi: violin, vo: voice). eg Pascale Stendell on violin would show as: PS(vi)
|08:00: free||08:15: free
||08:30: free||08:45: free
|09:00: free||09:15: free
||09:30: free||09:45: free
|10:00: free||10:15: free
||10:30: free||10:45: free
|11:00: free||11:15: free
||11:30: free||11:45: free
- There may be a possibility of more play time on the day if timeslots are available.
- If the young player would rather play for less than 15mns, the organiser will ensure continuity of play.
- REGULAR MONTHLY FREE MUSICAL BUSKING WORKSHOPS: 1st Friday of each month
>> check the Free MONTHLY musical busking workshops
On Demand Events
- If you know of opportunities such as Festivals, Local Shows, Local Markets where you would like your child to perform, let us know and we will approach the organisers to explore the opportunity.
>> let us know of Opportunities
- If you enjoy the sound of a Tenor Saxophone playing contemporary as well as jazz music and would like to make a booking for your own event, let us know. Previous performances include fairs, festivals, local shows, markets, nursing homes, open microphone, and private events (such as New Year's Eve).
Depending on the circumstances and purpose of your event, the performance may be free or at cost or at a negotiated fee.
>> book your own Musical Event
Back to Top Menu
Beyond the resources listed below, YOU are also our best resource to help spread the word and encourage other young players: Download the Monthly Practice Poster and Cirulate or Print and Display. Thank you.
>> download Monthly Practice Poster
>> join the Busking Mailing list
>> donate to support the events
And what about joining our Mailing list to be kept informed of upcoming events.
Also... these are free events so we can offer each child the opportunity to share their music. However there are always costs associated with organising such events such as the website, and the equipment. If you wish to donate to support such events, use the Donate area below. Alternatively if you have instruments, equipment, or anything which you believe can help with the events and you no longer use and wish to give away, let us know. Thank you.
A public liability of 20M is usually asked for a busker.
Duck for Cover entertainers group inc. offers 30M for a 2021 premium of $79 and Allianz as the underwriter.
>> access Insurer's details