This musical busking workshop provides an opportunity for young people (under 18yo) to practice playing their music to a wider audience at the Cowra Community Markets.
- Venue: Cowra Showground, Grenfell Rd, Cowra NSW 2794.
- Date and Times: Saturday 19 December 2020, 08:00-09:30
- Busking Location: Next to the bar at the Western end of the stall aisle and fronting the racing track.
Purpose: Aim at busking on your own beyond the workshop: develop confidence to play your music in public,
learn your responsibilities as a busker, learn what to pack, learn what is important to you,
and how to manage your area, and the audience... whilst enjoying your music.
Note that this workshop is subject to the current NSW Health regulations due the COVID-19 pandemic. Management of this event is the responsibility of the organisers of the Cowra Community Markets. However each player will also have additional responsibilities. See below under the heading: Your responsibility as a player
Your responsibility as a player:
- Ensure that you are well. If unwell, do not come, let the organiser know, self-isolate and seek medical advice.
- Ensure you do not come if you have visited one of the locations with self-isolate alerts from the NSW Government website.Check such locations here on the day of the workshop.
- Although 15mns is allocated for each timeslot, this also allows for cleaning of the shared equipment between players. Therefore I suggest each player prepares for 15mns of music maximum and expects to play 10mns of music minimum.
- Bring your musical instrument and music, appropriate clothing inc. a hat, water, and a will to learn and share.
- Give yourself enough time to setup and start on time for your chosen timeslot.
- Follow the Hygiene regulations by washing your hands prior and after playing and cleaning your instrument after playing.
- Follow the Social Distancing regulations when practical and as guided by the organiser.
- Use the supplied equipment respectfully eg microphone, amplifier, music stand, keyboard.
- Respect the other workshop participants.
NOT our responsibility:
- Organise the legal use of the public space.
- Provide the resources to support the player such as microphone, amplifier, music stand, keyboard.
- Ensure the player whilst playing is safe.
- Facilitate the learning of each player seeking feedback.
- Provide the resources to support the Hygiene regulations such as appropriate wipes and hand sanitizer.
- the well-being of players registered for the workshop but awaiting playing is not our responsibility.
It is expected that the well-being of players awaiting playing falls under the responsibility
of their parent or accompanying adult.
The event is closed.
Two young players participated and shared their music to a friendly audience.
Merry Christmas everyone! May 2021 keep us healthy and see us share more of our music.
- To register each participant had to:
- identify a 15 minutes timeslot from the list of available timeslots below.
- Email or Call 0458 698 460 with the chosen timeslot,
name of the young player, instrument, and contact phone number.
Until you receive confirmation and your child's details are displayed below, the timeslot is NOT confirmed.
- 15mns timeslots currently available are green.
Completed registrations show the initials of the player, and instrument (k: keyboard. v:violin)
| 08:00: || 08:15: || 08:30: |
| 08:45: HR(k) || 09:00: LR(k) || 09:15: |
- there may be a possibility of more play time on the day if timeslots are available.
- if the young person would rather play for less than 15mns, the organiser will ensure continuity of play.